Monday, March 12, 2012

Need a good high performance laptop for multimedia and video editing?

I know about the tons of people asking this very thing, but I could really use some help. Im not a complete noob when it comes to computer stuff, but am one when it comes to buying a laptop. This will be my first laptop and I'm the type who wants her stuff to last aslong as possible. So would like a laptop that can last me a good couple of years.



Ok, so about the requirements. The stuff I know people would ask me first would be brand, budget, screen size and what I need to do on it



I dont have a confirmed budget now so any prices are ok. Brand: I have a thing for hp but I guess any brand is ok, no apple mac stuff though. The system better not be vista, dont think I needed to say that but anyway, no vista!

What I want it for is multimedia and video editing purposes. I dont think it necessary to mention it being all hd, considering its turning into a norm now. I know people recommend a larger screen for this but Im ok with a small screen, infact i'd prefer it because of the portability. I plan to plug it in to an external screen if i need a large screen, with wireless keyboard and mouse (I hate the touchpad thing on laptops, mouse all the way!). I would probably also do some gaming on it. Wouldnt mind any of that 3d stuff, totally want a blu ray drive tho. Would really love a quad core processor, altho if any of ya know a better option, im all ears.



I was almost about to consider the hp tm2t but the gaming dsnt seem good on it. Also checked out the ENVY 14 beats edition (which sounds real good for its size and with the 3d enabled stuff), but many complaints (too good to be true? lol). If any of ya own it do tell about it, and any better options, from tm2t ya can guess how small a screen im happy with, and the tablet thing being an advantage for the student life.



i have been chacking out a number of things, but like a said, noob. Also I think it better to get advice from people who are customers and can tell about the laptops they own and why they good. Is hp a good idea? and if you have better options maybe ya could send a link with the configs and anythng else?



I think I've written all I need to, incase anything missing, lemme know I'll definitely update the question based on anything missing.



Will apreciate any help ya can give me. ^_^Need a good high performance laptop for multimedia and video editing?
ASUS N82JQ-B2 NoteBook Intel Core i7 740QM(1.73GHz) 14" 4GB Memory DDR3 1066 500GB HDD 7200rpm BD Combo NVIDIA GeForce GT 335M
$1,149.99
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as鈥?/a>

check it out %26amp; let me know how it stacks up against the hp

%26amp; should portability not be such a big issue, a 15.6" screen size offers much more options
example: ASUS G53JW-A1 for $1400
http://www.agearnotebooks.com/asusg53jw-鈥?/a>
you can customize to select a blu ray optical drive for about $130 extraNeed a good high performance laptop for multimedia and video editing?
DO NOT get a Mac computer. I don't even know if this is relevant to your question, but I'm telling you they're WAY overrated. Everyone thinks they're sooooo cool and all that and blah blah blah but I'm telling you they really are AWFUL. All they really have is a good screen. Everything else sucks

No comments:

Post a Comment